We provide expertise for the full lifecycle of your databases, leveraging over more than 25 years experience in database infrastructures.
We provide the following expert services :
- Software Development Support Service: we are very experienced supporting development teams with the technical requirement specifications, database design and performance assessment. We provide advice on development tools and processes to improve the efficiency of development teams.
- Performance Tuning Service: we deliver performance audit services and carry on short-term, “warfront” business-critical production performance troubleshooting missions on-site or remotely.
- Migration & Consolidation Service: we migrate your databases within to new servers either on-premise or to the cloud. We execute cross-platform migrations (for example, from Windows to Linux). We consolidate multiple databases on a single server and help you size your servers for optimal utilization.
- Upgrade Service: we upgrade your database versions and propose an upgrade strategy that suits your availability requirements.
- Audit Services: we provide a range of audit services (see below for more information).
- Consulting Services: we provide services that help operational management make informed decisions in the scope of infrastructure evolution, data protection and risk management. See our Management & Strategic Consulting Services page for more details.
In a nutshell :
- All versions
- Upgrade and migration
- Cloud IaaS deployment : Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle OCP.
- Cloud DBaaS : Amazon RDS, Azure database for Postgresql.
- Postgresql on Kubernetes : Zalando’s postgres-operator, Crunchy Data operator, etc
- High-Availability : patroni, repmgr.
In a nutshell:
- All supported versions.
- on-premise or on the cloud : DBaaS (Amazon RDS, Oracle Cloud).
- Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Solaris, Linux, and MS Windows.
In a nutshell :
- Mysql : all supported versions
- MariaDB All supported versions
- On premise, or on IaaS (Amazon AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud) and DBaaS (Amazon RDS, Microsoft Azure database for mysql and mariadb.
In a nutshell :
- SQL Server 2016 and up
- On premise or on the cloud : DBaaS/IaaS (Amazon RDS, Microsoft Azure managed instances, elastic pools, etc)
Sensor & Metric Databases
We have a good expertise deploying and maintaining InfluxDB and prometheus databases.
Our experience includes monitoring and IoT scenarios with the InfluxData TICK stack (Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf and Kapacitor) as well as Grafana integration with InfluxDB and prometheus.
We provide standardized audit services for all the RDBMS we support. The specific tools and techniques used may vary from system to system, but the methodology remains the same and is the fruit of years of experience delivering such services. Below you’ll find our Audit Service catalogue.
At a second stage, we analyze the SQL statements and the application architecture in order to improve the application performance (SQL tuning and middleware). We work in a controlled test environment and deliver measured and verified recommendations for every test case.
- Is the database system coping well with the current workload ?
- Will the database system be able to sustain the workload for the following X years ?
- Can the database system grow smoothly ?
- Are there any limitations of the current technology that I must be aware of ?
- Is my database system future-proof ?
- Are our Capacity Planning processes solid ?
- Is my database system reliable ?
- Is the database architecture appropriate for the current/future workload ?
This is a punctual evaluation of the system that requires a good understanding of the business processes it supports and is targeted at IT management in need of a risk assessment of the current infrastructure assets.
We perform a through analysis of the database system in order to identify security vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to overcome them.
We investigate data privacy issues when required, in order to identify encryption requirements and regulatory compliance (GDPR). We help you not only discover and classify your data but put in place anonymization measures and fine-grained access controls.
We perform a scalability analysis based on benchmarks and capacity models in order to evaluate how well a database system can scale under a certain level of concurrency. This study is useful when evaluating new hardware investment for a database system and it’s important to have an idea of how the system will scale under a certain load.
We not only consider scale-up scenarios but also scale-out architectural choices.
We help you migration your databases to the cloud service of your choice.
We evaluate with you the different options to migrate, the tools to assess the right capacity to sustain your workloads, the means to ensure high availability, the disaster recovery scenarios, the security guarantees and the monitoring.
Business Intelligence & Analytics
We help you build your BI & Analytics platform.
- Deployment Service: selection of state-of-the-art software upon requirement specitications. Installation and configuration of software on-premise or in the cloud.
- Data Engineering Service: support in the implementation of data pipelines. From ingestion to exploitation.
- Data Lake deployment: we help you chose the right data lake infrastructure for your BI and Analytics platform.